Mortgage Payment Calculator
Our mortgage loan payment calculator calculates monthly mortgage payments using interest rates & loan amounts you enter. Change the interest rates and loan values to compare different payments.
This mortgage calculator is helpful if you're thinking about refinancing your mortgage, or getting a new home loan, and want to know how much you can afford to borrow or what your payments will be.
Making the monthly payment is an important consideration when shopping for a mortgage or refinancing. Using a monthly payment calculator can help you estimate monthly payments and avoid surprises.
How to use the Mortgage Payment calculator
Target Your Loan Amount Before Contacting Lenders
Using this mortgage payment calculator can help you target a loan amount that provides a comfortable monthly payment. Using the calculator only requires three simple entries:
- Enter a mortgage loan amount, interest rate, and repayment term (how long you'll be repaying the loan).
- The calculator brings up the results, which show your monthly Priciple & Interest (P&I) payment, the total amount you'll repay over the entire loan term, and how much interest you'll pay over the entire loan term.
- Not only do you learn whether the monthly payment is feasible, but you'll get an idea of how much a specific loan can cost.
- It's important to note that mortgage calculator tools, including the loan comparison calculator and amortization calculator, do not include amounts that may be required by your lender for payment of taxes and insurance. Remember to budget for these costs when calculating your monthly budget for housing expenses.
The Big Picture: What Your Loan Can Cost
Another benefit of using our monthly payment calculator is learning how much you can save by refinancing into a shorter loan repayment term; or, if you currently have a 15 year mortgage and want to convert to a 30 year loan, you can see how much your monthly. payments will decrease. Entering different loan amounts, interest rates, and repayment terms can help you discover how to save on a mortgage loan with terms that accommodate your budget.
If you're comparing several loan offers, use the loan comparison calculator to view loan features side by side. Mortgage calculator tools are free to use and can help you keep on track when shopping for potential mortgage options. Having a few facts and figures on hand will help you and potential lenders focus on appropriate mortgage or refinance options.
Be sure to use all the tools available for your disposal when you are shopping for a new home loan or considering refinancing, including comparing rates. Your home may be the biggest purchase you make in your lifetime, so be sure you are getting the best deal you can. You can compare lenders' best rates available to you here (up to 4 free quotes from competing mortgage lenders), for absolutely no fee and no obligation.
Get Free Mortgage Quotes
Recent Mortgage News
- Poor jobs report dampens economy, reveals silver lining for borrowers
- Budget deal leaves mortgage rates stable -- for now
- Mortgage rates caught in the crossfire of the fiscal showdown in Washington
- Shutdown squeeze play may cause mortgage fallout
- Latest figures reveal uptick in refinancing activity
- Will the latest Fed meeting be a turning point for mortgage rates?
Today's Best Mortgage Rates
15 Year Fixed
30 Year Fixed
Put the Mortgage Payment Calculator on your website for Free!
This is a free service for consumers, researchers, and real estate and mortgage professionals. Give your readers the added value of our easy to use mortgage calculators for free!
Please note that modifying the code above will disable the calculator.
Additional color options are available.
Customize your mortgage calculators here.